ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
DESCRIPTION - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO
The Clallam County Economic Development Corporation, a 501C(6) not-for-profit corporation supported and led by
community businesses, local governments, public agencies and education
institutions, financed by a combination of public and private funds is seeking
a dynamic leader who is passionate and skilled in business retention and
growth, business recruiting, and the coordination of these efforts with other
business and economic development agencies within the county and state. The
Executive Director/CEO serves
as chief administrator and economic development officer, works closely with
business owners and government officials, and coordinates expertise from other
agencies to promotes new and existing business development throughout Clallam
Compensation: Hiring range: $75,000 - $100,000 DOQ.
Competitive benefit and retirement program.
Download Full Job Description
Resumes with cover letter to
Clallam County EDC, 905 East 9th Street, Port Angeles, WA
98362 or Fax: (360) 452-9618. Responses kept confidential. EOE employer.
DISTINCTIVE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
Outstanding ability to:
- Communicate and market ideas, concepts, plans and
benefits to all stakeholders,
- Network on all levels of collegiality,
- Collaborate with diverse interests to achieve mutual
goals and objectives,
- Navigate in a changing funding environment,
- Provide non-partisan professional leadership.
The Executive Director reports to the Executive Committee,
and the Board of Directors.
- Responds appropriately to all inquiries from Clallam
County businesses considering start-up, expansion, or businesses
considering relocation to Clallam County.
- Routinely Communicates with the Executive Committee, the
Board of Directors about development of short and long-range plans,
effectiveness of the Corporation’s strategies, and staff activities in
support of the Corporation’s goals and objectives.
- Maintains effective and efficient office operations
including management of staff, accounting, record keeping, policies and
procedures and related functions.
- Maintains the corporation not-for-profit 501C(6) status,
and make certain it complies with all professional and legal business
- Takes a leadership role, and initiatives, to address new
trends and evolving needs of the business community such as workforce
development, attainable housing, telecommunications, technology access,
- Establishes a collaborative working relationship with
local, regional and state economic development partners.
- Develops and maintains, in conjunction with the Board,
sufficient financial support to sustain and grow the organization. (i.e. raising funds from businesses, and other
local, state, regional, and federal resources for operations; including
finding, apply for and managing private and government grants for economic
development activities and programs.)
- Maintains appropriate contact with local, state, and
federal elected officials, agencies, and staff to ensure information
exchange on economic development issues.
- Develops marketing and promotion strategies necessary to
locate and attract businesses on a regional, national, and international
- Serves as a clearinghouse for marketing research, data,
and survey information relating to economic activities.
- Organizes and prepares, in cooperation with the executive
committee, the agenda for Corporation meetings.
OTHER TYPICAL DUTIES:
- Develops and/or coordinates, and promotes, financial,
technical training, and other assistance programs for local businesses and
prospects with local governments and development groups.
- Assembles, maintains and shares data files and reports
related to industrial site locations, demographics, economic indicators
and related statistical information, resource agencies and state and
- Develops, markets and implements local, state and federal business
financial incentive programs to promote private investment and job
- Serves as a public advocate for economic development in
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Masters degree preferred, minimum bachelor’s degree, plus 7
to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in economic development,
public administration, finance, planning, business or marketing with general
management, board, non-partisan, non-factional and supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- High energy, enthusiastic, quick to respond to
opportunities and threats, to build relationships, and to make
presentations at every opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and coordinate
organizations, governmental operations and to manage a corporate entity.
- CEcD or NDC certification or significant course work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to prepare written and statistical reports from various data.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance
and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully, effectively and
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in
accordance with Corporation rules, policies and regulations.
- Must have use of a vehicle for required travel and must
possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willing to be a “hands-on” working director.
- High integrity and history of community service and
- Knowledge of 501C(6) not for profit corporation operation
JOB LOCATION AND HOURS:
- Based in Port Angeles, WA.
- Requires travel within the County and occasional travel
outside the County for work related marketing, recruitment or training
WAGES, FRINGE BENEFITS, TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Wages are established annually by the Board of Directors.
- Position is a salaried exempt position.
- Benefits include 401k, medical stipend, life insurance.
- Position is one of at-will employment.
Clallam County Economic Development Corporation considers
applicants for all positions without regard to gender, race, religion, national
origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of specific responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.